Alderwood Water & Wastewater District

Skip navigation and go to content

Rental Properties


Rental Property Accounts


Effective June 1, 2012 Alderwood Water and Wastewater District will only set up rental accounts in the name of the property owner.  Current water/sewer accounts in tenant names will remain active until closing is requested, or the account is closed for non-payment. 


Who Pays the Alderwood Water & Wastewater bill?

Anyone may pay any Alderwood Water & Wastewater bill, regardless of the name appearing on the account.  Payments are accepted from the owner, property management company, tenant, or another third party.



Rental property accounts will be billed to the property owner.  The property owner may designate a property management company to receive billings on their behalf; may request a duplicate bill copy be mailed to the property address, addressed to “Resident” (a fee applies); or elect to receive eBill notification of bills.  To enroll for any of these options, please click here for the form: Duplicate Bill or Authorization to Bill a Property Manager.


                Landlord Responsibilities:

·         Inform AWWD of any changes to your mailing address or contact phone number.

·         Ensure accounts are financially current through prompt payments by self or other payment agreement with tenant(s).

·         Pro-rate bills with tenants moving in or moving out. Contact the billing department at (425) 787-0220, if you need assistance.



Existing tenant accounts:  Accounts will remain in your name until you request to close your existing account, or upon closure of an account for non-payment. 


New Tenants:  Rental property accounts are generally billed to the property owner, however, your landlord may make arrangements for you to receive and pay the utility bill.  Please coordinate billing with your landlord.  A tenant may make payment on an account or call to inquire on balances regardless of the name appearing on the account.